Welcome to the Ghent Analysis & PDE Center!
We welcome you to the intercontinental research group in Analysis and PDE centred at Ghent University. This website is devoted to explaining the research progress in the field of analysis and PDE’s and related topics linked to Michael Ruzhansky‘s research at Ghent University and to the research of other associated colleagues.
The research interests include functional analysis, Fourier analysis, noncommutative analysis, geometric analysis, spectral theory, partial differential equations (PDE) of different types, harmonic analysis, nonharmonic analysis, subelliptic analysis, function spaces, functional inequalities, pseudo-differential operators, fractional derivatives, Fourier integral operators, microlocal analysis, inverse problems, and their interplay with each other and with other fields.
We are also interested in applications of the above research, in its numerical and computer science aspects (e.g. in medical imaging or other applied problems), and in related questions of mathematical physics and mathematical biology.
Our research group has earned many grants including
- 2021-2028 Methusalem Project
- 2018-2023 FWO Odysseus 1 Project: Analysis and Partial Differential Equations
- FWO and BOF grants
- LMS Early Career Fellowship
- EU H2020 Marie Curie Incoming Fellowship
- EPSRC grant EP/R003025/1: Regularity in affiliated von Neumann algebras and applications to partial differential equations
- LEVERHULME grant RPG-2017-151: Analysis on Frame Decompositions,
and prizes/awards including
- Ferran Sunyer I Balaguer Prizes
- Daiwa Adrian Prize
- Dorothy Hodgkin Prizes for PhD projects
- ISAAC Awards
- Elsevier Scopus “Top researcher in Natural Sciences” award
- Asian Universities Alliance (AUA) Scholars Award
- Heidelberg Laureate Forum grants, etc.