Summer School “Singularities in Science and Engineering”
22-31 August 2022
Ghent Analysis & PDE Center
The study topic for this school concerns methods in mathematical analysis for integro-partial differential equations which arise in physical modelling and include irregular coefficients and initial data, i.e. include singularities. The topics also span a range of mathematical tools used in such analysis. The topic of the school is of fundamental importance from both the theoretical perspective and the wide range of concrete applications in problems with strong singularities.
The main objective of the school is to significantly enrich student’s knowledge in both well-known and very new mathematical tools for modelling and treating strong singularities in evolutionary systems of equations which arise in modelling physical phenomena. The aim of the school is also to bring together experts in both theory and applications, to initiate and deepen the cooperation between different fields on important concrete problems, using latest theoretical developments in the field.
- Maria Alessandra Ragusa (University of Catania, Italy)
- Bojan Prangoski (Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, Macedonia)
- Iakovos Androulidakis (University of Athens, Greece)
- Ingo Witt (University of Göttingen, Germany)
- Ljubica Oparnica (University of Novi Sad, Serbia)
- Mihalis Kolountzakis (University of Crete, Greece)
- Sanja Konjik (University of Novi Sad, Serbia)
- Shavkat Alimov (National University of Uzbekistan, Uzbekistan)
- Stevan Pilipovic (University of Novi Sad, Serbia)
- Virginia Kiryakova (Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Bulgaria)
- Yuri Luchko (Berlin University of Applied Sciences and Technology, Germany)
Lecture Notes and Talks:
Information for participants
For attending the school, the charge is 10 euro per day to cover organisational expenses. The participation of PhD candidates from Doctoral Schools at UGent, colleagues from UGent, and Lecturers is free of charge.
If you need administrative support (visa, accommodation, etc.) for your attendance, please let us know in advance.
Below is the link to the program of the summer school.
In a special public lecture of the school (24 August, 16:00 CET), Prof. Virginia Kiryakova from Bulgarian Academy of Sciences will give a talk about the link between fractional calculus, science and engineering.
Organisers (Ghent Analysis & PDE Center)
- Michael Ruzhansky, Ljubica Oparnica, Joel Restrepo, Berikbol Torebek
- Irfan Ali, Karel Van Bockstal, Andrea Vanessa Hurtado Quiceno, David Santiago Gómez Cobos
- Conference secretary: Ms Kim Verbeeck
Prof. Michael Ruzhansky, Dr. Ljubica Oparnica, Prof. Marian Slodicka, Prof. Hans Vernaeve, Dr. Joel Restrepo, Dr. Berikbol Torebek, Dr. Niyaz Tokmagambetov
The summer school is supported by a grant from the Ghent University:
It is also partially supported by the FWO Odysseus and UGent Methusalem projects “Analysis and Partial Differential Equations”: